• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Benge CG Leadpipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtownlead
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:33 am    Post subject: Benge CG Leadpipe Reply with quote

Hello, anyone have any leads on a replacement leadpipe for a Claude Gordon Benge? I’ve searched around but haven’t come up with much.

Thanks!
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reach out to Jim Becker of Osmun Music, or to J. Landress Brass. They should be able to offer a replacement.
shofarguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Benge CG Leadpipe Reply with quote

gtownlead wrote:
Hello, anyone have any leads on a replacement leadpipe for a Claude Gordon Benge? I’ve searched around but haven’t come up with much.

Thanks!

More than likely, B.A.C owns the mandrel for the Burbank CG that was produced by Kanstul. I do not know if it is the actual Benge mandrel, or a replacement, but the two trumpets I've played that had that lead pipe played wonderfully. One was a Burbank, the other was a reconditioned Benge. Frankly, both of these horns were much better trumpets than any of the original Benge CGs that I've played. So, if it were me looking, I wouldn't hesitate to ask B.A.C. if they could supply one.

Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb Trumpet in copper
Flip Oakes Wild Thing Flugelhorn in copper

There is one reason that I practice: to be ready at the downbeat when the final trumpet sounds.
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reach out to Mike Del Quadro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: