• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

N.Y. Bach Trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulos
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: N.Y. Bach Trumpets Reply with quote

Some of you may know my website https://paulayickvintagebrass.com/ I recently acquired a NY Bach trumpet and would like to hear from some BACHHEADS. The 2 I have are # 1397 and #3861. The later has a small 50 under the signature I am assuming is the bore? (it measures .450)
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50 stamped on the bell inside Bach’s signature is the gauge of metal used to make the bell. 50 gauge was standard, and 45 was lightweight in the NY era. Modern Bach bells are a little heavier, so a lightweight modern bach strad is roughly the same thickness of metal as your NY horn. Congrats on the purchase! You should reach out to Conn-Selmer and try to get a shop card for that horn. It will tell you the leadpipe and bell combination.
bulos
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goby wrote:
The 50 stamped on the bell inside Bach’s signature is the gauge of metal used to make the bell. 50 gauge was standard, and 45 was lightweight in the NY era. Modern Bach bells are a little heavier, so a lightweight modern bach strad is roughly the same thickness of metal as your NY horn. Congrats on the purchase! You should reach out to Conn-Selmer and try to get a shop card for that horn. It will tell you the leadpipe and bell combination.

ah interesting so now thought the older of the 2 has a 14 uner the signature I assume this is the bell mandrel? Thanks so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: