• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Conn Voca Bell trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
et2martini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject: Conn Voca Bell trumpet Reply with quote

I just bought a vocabell trumpet and it's missing 1 art deco style button. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement. Thanks in advance Hector.
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reiterate what I told another forum poster looking for a Conn 28A first valve trigger mechanism:

I suppose Allied Supply might be a place to start, although you have to ask a professional technician to check their catalog (they don't let non-pro retail buyers in). I'm not sure they'd have something that old, though.

Other than that, you could check with the nationally-known brass restoration experts and see if they happen to have spares. I'm thinking Mark Metzler, Robb Stewart, Josh Landress, Charlie Melk, Rich Ita, etc.
(FYI, Mark Metzler was able to provide a finger button for my Conn 38A cornet.)

Beyond that, someone might be able to fabricate replacement parts. (This kind of need might be well-addressed by a 3-D printing application - perhaps someone will see an opportunity here!)

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
jeirvine
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A machinist who is good with a metal lathe could also probably crank one out in short order, as long as they have one to copy and some brass stock.
1947 Olds Super Cornet
1948 Couesnon flugelhorn
1951 Olds Special
1956 Martin Committee
1964 Olds Recording
1968 Bach 329 C
1996 Bach 37
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: