• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Warburton equivalent to Bach #76 backbore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterBighorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Warburton equivalent to Bach #76 backbore Reply with quote

Does anyone know which Warburton backbore is the closest match to the Bach #76 backbore?

And, which Warburton backbore would be close to the Yamaha 14B4 backbore? The 14B4 backbore feels a bit tighter to me than the Bach #10 and makes the upper register a bit easier, at least for me.

Many thanks in advance!
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I changed from my Yamaha 14B4GP to Warburton it felt quite good with the 5 backbore.
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject: Warburton backbore Reply with quote

Hello all,
Warburton 5 or maybe even a 4. I have done some comparison with my Schilke and Warburton pieces, both trumpet and cornet tapers. Intonation is better with the lower numbered bb's in both cases. For me.
Andy Cooper
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the sound you want. As far as "blow" check the 6,6*, KT, KT*. In my opinion, these are all just a little tighter than the Bach 10. I find the 6 series to be "dark".

I
MisterBighorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delano wrote:
When I changed from my Yamaha 14B4GP to Warburton it felt quite good with the 5 backbore.

Oh, wow. That's tighter than I expected. I was thinking a no. 6 might match what I feel with my 14B4. My assumption is that the Bach 76 is even tighter, but I'm not sure.
MisterBighorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Warburton backbore Reply with quote

Christian K. Peters wrote:
Hello all,
Warburton 5 or maybe even a 4. I have done some comparison with my Schilke and Warburton pieces, both trumpet and cornet tapers. Intonation is better with the lower numbered bb's in both cases. For me.

Many thanks. I'm thinking of pairing a 3C top with a Warburton backbore and want a similar feel to what my 14B4 gives me. I don't like the one-piece 3C because I don't like the backbore on it. I could simply buy a Bach 76 backbore, I guess, but I'm afraid it might be too tight.
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Warburton Reply with quote

Hello,
According to the Kanstul mp comparator, the Bach 3C should be close to the Warburton 5MD. I know that this is only a ballpark start, as feel usually tells you the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: