• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: 42,273 Reply with quote

42,273 times the Thirty-Five Basic Points of the Pivot System thread at the top of this forum has been viewed (as of this posting).

It makes me wonder how many people have actually downloaded them and have read them daily so that they can “rub off into the subconscious” as Doc used to recommend.

Every time I review them I am reminded of things that my aging brain has failed to retain and this morning is no exception.

I’m going to start reading them again every day during my rest periods.

When was the last time you did this?
benlewis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting ready for my first time today!

Thanks, Rich!!!

Ben
JoshMizruchi
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read them every day for about two years straight. Eventually, it became like drudgery, and I stopped (I would recommend a more relaxed approach than I took at that time, now), but it was always helpful and certainly never NOT helpful!

It’s particularly helpful for students who are new to Reinhardt, in my opinion. It gives you some basic ground rules to work with and really spells them out for you. I will have to get back to this! Been about a decade for me.
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me about that. I do think about many of those points regularly. Some are habitual for me now, but it's always good to revisit and spot check things you are already doing well.

The 35 Basic Points do seem to give a pretty good snapshot of the things Reinhardt felt was important for good brass technique development. But it does seem to be a contradiction to another basic point he regularly made to only concentrate on one or two things at a time. It's a useful tool for players who already have a good grasp on his teaching, but I personally wouldn't recommend it as an introduction.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: