• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

HELP! I'm having trouble already....

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think, a few months from now G over high-C will be within your reliable range. (Start looking for a big band).
oj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confidence

Bonnie, and others just starting out with B.E. - confidence is an important concept!

A year ago I was sitting in the orchester pit, night after night playing in the musical "Sound of Music". When you do such gigs, you really get into the lyrics, etc. etc. One of the songs that Maria sings, is about confidence.

The last lines in that song goes like this:

All I trust becomes my own
I have confidence in confidence alone

I have confidence in confidence alone
Besides which you see I have confidence in me!

Some of us in this forum have confidence in B.E.
Why?
Well, I have done it for more than 2 years now, and it work. I still do it, a short time every morning (15 - 20 min.). For the rest of the day I forget all about it. This evening when I go to a rehearsal of Mozart, Requiem, I don't think about B.E. at all.

One thing that gave me confidence in B.E. was simply that: I got better. But the fact that Jeff had a lot of experience teaching beginners, added a lot to this. How many other books do you find that are based on that, and that even uses young kids to demonstrate the exercises?

On this list we have some pro players, like Bert in Holland who also testify that B.E helped him develop into a better player. Great for him. This also give me confidence. And when he tells about a kid at 11 that play a high G, that also adds up!

So even if people listening to us (doing squeeks, roll-ins, double pedal farths, etc.) think we are mad, we do it. Why? We get better.

So, to all you new to B.E. - have confidence - it works! Do it every day, read and reread the text, ask questions in this forum, and go out and play in all types of bands and orchestras. Fill the world with the sound of music!

Ole

[ This Message was edited by: oj on 2004-01-21 05:19 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: