• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Login Getting Lost?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by poketrum on Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
The point is not on what platform it worked better or how often this happens. It should not happen at all.

I suppose any complaining about something somebody else does while you get the benefit and none of the grief is a bit disingenuous. But at the same time, I've always had the personal ethic burned into me that if "something's worth doing, it's worth doing right".

This software leaves much to be desired and it can only get more obsolete as time goes on.

But, again, my respect and gratitude for the people making this Forum happen but it's probably time for an update, if not a complete overhaul.

I guess you aren’t a software engineer. The most critical part of debugging is finding a way to replicate the bug. That way you can make small changes to see how the behavior changes quickly.

Knowing what platform and software is critical to replicate and fix the bug. After all if it works flawlessly using browser A and that is what the debugging engineer is using, the engineer has little hope in fixing the bug.

The best approach is to use the setup that fails most reliably. Hence reporting what works, what doesn’t and the frequency are helpful clues when debugging.

Like you I am enormously grateful to Todd for running this site and my posts are all intended to aid by supplying clues, not complaints.

As to obsolete software, Todd has shared a few times he is working on an upgrade to the site.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poketrum wrote:
Other than the recent login glitches, I really like the TH format/interface as it's simple and familiar. It also works fine without having to run Javascript and other nonsense, e.g., in Tor browser in safest mode as I type this.

Ever try to use the Search function or post a picture?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
poketrum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by poketrum on Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
ayryq
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is related but the time frame is suspect and I can imagine it being connected to cookies/login tracking.

My "View posts since last visit" page isn't emptying any more. Posts made recently are added to the top, but nothing is dropping off the bottom. I'm up to four pages of "new" posts going back five days. Of course, I've visited the site many times in the last five days. Also I see yellow dots (indicating new posts) next to nearly every category on the main forum page.

Eric
DEG Signature 2000 Bb/A picc
Yamaha YTR-9835 Bb/A picc
Yamaha Bobby Shew flugel
Yamaha Neo cornet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: