• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Artisan 7C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin DiBona
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject: Artisan 7C Reply with quote

Anyone here try a Bach 7C Artisan? They supposedly based on the original NY versions.
If so, is the rim softer than a Mt. Vernon?
R. Tomasek
Vin DiBona
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.
I did buy one. It is nothing like the awful one today.
Since it is a throwback to the original models from New York, the rim is more rounded and while it does have a bite to it, it is not so sharp to me and actually is rather comfortable. Its outer shape is more like a Schilke than the modern Bach shapes since Mt. Vernon and late New York shapes.
As far as the width, it does feel considerably smaller than the modern atrocity and much like the Mt. Vernon 7C I have.
The backbore is a 24 and the throat is a 27. To me, this give a nice balance between resistance and openness.
While every one has a different sound, this does give me a very versatile sound - from dark to brilliant. If you can hear it and actually produce the sound, this mouthpiece will give it to you.
As I am still recovering from from colon cancer surgery done in February, I am rebuilding endurance and not too concerned with range above high C. That said a very loud and clean F above high C came out this morning with very little effort and no discomfort from the abdomen.
In short, anyone wanting to see what Bach's original designs were could certainly try the Artisan line.
I got mine from Milano Music Center in AZ. Their price is very reasonable and the shipping is free. Of course, others do carry them as well.
It works extremely well in my 50th anniversary Bach 190/37S and it also plays fine in my B1.
Here is a comparison of a NY Bach 7C and the modern one.
https://trumpet.cloud/mpc/index.html?mpc1id=A014900&mpc2id=VB002700

R. Tomasek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: