• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

King Silver Flair 1055T

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldwoods
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: King Silver Flair 1055T Reply with quote

After reading through various threads on these horns, I got the bug to buy one. I also have a vague memory of possibly playing one years ago, but the memory is suspect these days (LOL).
I think I got a good deal if the horn is as advertised and the valves are good.

Rogerrr
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Looks gorgeous

I know how it feels… i’ve gotten the bug by a certain horn or a certain mouthpiece multiple times, and it almost always turned out well…. The only exceptions being a few cheap mouthpieces.
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't this model of the Silver Flair about the last great horn that King put out?

And I always thought that Uan Rasey had used his Olds Recording/altered horn to play Chinatown's famous solo - but no; he played that with his King Silver Flair, I believe. That alone is a great commentary on this model.
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
chef8489
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonathanM wrote:
Wasn't this model of the Silver Flair about the last great horn that King put out?

And I always thought that Uan Rasey had used his Olds Recording/altered horn to play Chinatown's famous solo - but no; he played that with his King Silver Flair, I believe. That alone is a great commentary on this model.

No King still put out great horns after the 1055t. The 2000at series were amazing horns and even the 2055t was a great horn although it was designed to compete to a different market. When Conn Selmer purchased King they stopped marketing the horns to the pro market as that competed against the Bach strad in my opinion, however, the 2055t was every bit a pro horn and competed against the Bach 37 quite well.

To the op.. congrats on your 1055t. I love my 1966 H.N White Cleveland made horn. It plays amazing. I hope this one treats you well and you love it.
1965 H.N. White King Super 20 Sllversonic Symphony 1st trigger
thefish1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: King Silver Flair #1055 Reply with quote

I just love my 1972 #1055. A great horn! you should love you #1055 too. It's more horn then I will ever need. Your serial number is close to my serial number. Enjoy!
Vintage 1965 King Cleveland Superior Cornet
Vintage 1965 King Herald Trumpet
Vintage 1977 Benge Flugelhorn #5 Bell
Vintage 1918 KING Liberty 1050
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: