• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Olds Ambassador/Reynolds Medalist 3rd Slide Stop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brassman19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject: Olds Ambassador/Reynolds Medalist 3rd Slide Stop Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but here goes. Back in the early 1960's (say, around 1962 to 1964) Olds put on the Ambassador (and Reynolds too, on the Medalist) trumpet (and cornet too, I believe), for a short time, a third slide stop that consisted of a "nib" with a hole through it soldered to the outside of the third slide tube going to the valve block, and one also on the third slide in the same position, with a stop rod and locking nuts. I am looking for those parts, if any of our members have them, as I would like to have the parts to solder on my 1960 Olds Special trumpet's third slide (it slides so easily and freely it will fall off when I push down the third valve, if I'm not careful).

If anyone has the Reynolds version of this stop, I already have the "nibs" to it (from an old parts Medalist cornet I own), so really only need the stop rod and nuts that go to it.

Would anybody happen to have these parts, and if so, be willing to sell a complete set to me? Please PM me if you do.

Thanks
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject: Olds and Reynolds Reply with quote

Hello Brassman,
Ask Clay Collins at Centex Brass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: