• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

CHEAPSKATIN-SCKAAATIN' MUSICAL DUMPSTA' DIVER!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the old busted, broken down retired balding old football jock...that we see every night hawkin' what you can buy for a BUCK!

Especially with the HIGH PRICE OF CD'S these days...what kind of music can you buy for a buck!???
At most of your Goodwill and Valu-Vallyia' second hand stores....every day prices on 33.3 long play albums and tapes...you can glean for only a QUARTER...4 FOR A BUCK...AND ON THURS..they often have 2-for-one sales. WOW!!! 8 ALBUMS OF MUSIC FOR A BUCK!!!!

BUY EM' AND TAKE EM' HOME!!! LET THE FUN BEGIN....
After a warm of of lip buzzing-pedals-long tones...MY DAILY HABIT is to pick put on music that I haven't heard before...or haven't played for a very long time and for ear training...these .25cent albums..

It is amazing just how often these cheapies can bless you with some really surprizingly good music to play along for EAR-BALL TO PEA-BRAIN WOODSHEDDING!

I find one that I like, listen and hummmm along with it...then I pick up the old axes and begin to play along with my B flat and then switch off to my C horn or viceeversee'

I keep hearing on this board (many from seasoned professionals) how difficult it is to improvise when the habit hungry brain cells just want to tell your fingers and ear-balls that you are playing a B flat horn..when you are playing a C horn.

Most lame trumpet brains HATE SURPRISES AND CHANGES???

Trust this...If one stays too long a duration with either a Bflat-C-D or E etc. horn. It is amazing how difficult it can be to pick up another horn in another key...and start grooooooooovin' for Nat' and improvising with wild abandon, nerd or mistake free-tee-hee!
BRAIN-FREEEEEEZE!!!

HUMAN BEINGS..MOST OF US ANYWAY...JUST TAINT' WIRED THAT WAY!!!

How often have you been hammered with a bunch of brand new untested music the night of performance... at say, a gig or church with a untried-unpracticed piece,STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE??? and the moment of truth is at hand... that demands you GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME THROUGH??? If you see not stress or strain..YOU ARE AN ANIMAL..AND A GIFTED SOUL..
For example, if you play consistently with your B horn..HA, YOU CAN OFTEN, END UP WITH "B-BRAIN" SYNDROME...and natually we look at this new music and start transposing with little or no problem...you find the next piece just might be written for B FAULT!.
Still OK?? GEE YOU ARE GOOOOD! I know sooo many gifted players on this board must be laughing right now..
.but to many of us meagers...WELL CRYING AND SWEATING IS MORE LIKE IT. Sooo we must eliminate the stress and insecurity.

Many professionals detest utilizing the crutches such as E horns D horns C horns...and pretty much stick with only Bflat or their C horn or their standard horn of choice...and sure, wouldn't it be loverlee' if we learn all our chord changes, key changes...

Yes, then this pretty much sets you free... but if you are like most mere mortals..17 sharps and 43 flats...just taint' our cups of tea...especially when we have to transpose at the same time.

Sooooooo, being a mere near-de-well mortal...I resort to my C horn. or what have you Also I try to utilize a Flugel or that warm cornet for the really low big bold lyrical pieces and a piccieee-do for the strato Handel-Bach-Percell above the staff work or go to my beloved C horn.

Nothing beats a Callet Symphonique Cpr. conical bored C horn for clarity punch, consisteny and very reliable pitch-centering above the staff and a big alive, and regal sound will project with the many a "pumped up-adrenilin driven organist.
Often in the first place, the music thrown at me in situations like this is this kind of music written in concert C for choir and organ and like so much church music....
a C horn (trumpet voice wise) is exactly where the resulant and mid-bread and butta' resonate tones find themselve on... dead-center. and musically just blend and sound better..(my personal lame opinion)

I now can play pretty stress free...with out having to add in transposing while playing along this (untested-untried new music of the day) and if I have been playing along in practice...with both my C and B horn. That B flat brain imprint...just isn't there. In other words...I just go for it...and let the spirit or the spirit of the moment rule...and all that jazz.

Best thing about these .25 cent albums...save up the ones you don't like, dropp them off again at the Good Will...go in with your BUCK or meger quarter and buy so more......and the music keep rooollin' along, so when asked....'WHAT WILL A BUCK, BUY FOR YOU TODAY...AHHH-HA, US TRUMPET HEADS...KNOW FOR SURE!!! )))

FOUR BEAT UP OR LIKE BRAND NEW...LONG PLAY ALBUMS and all that jazz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: