• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Harmonic Series Excersises...Charly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charly, You are doing the board a great service by giving us lesson plans. I live very far away from anybody that has ever studied with Caruso, and I really appreciate this! I'd like to know approx. what tempo the harmonic scales should be played at. Also, during the measure rest, should I be counting 4 beats? There is no time signature in these exersises. Also, how do you reconcile trying not to move your embouchure at all, considering that after holding a high note, you have to, after a measure's rest, start playing on a low note?
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray,

Good comments and questions. Think of the first measure as an 11/4 bar follwed by a 4/4 bar of rest. MM 1/4 note = 60 for all the exercises: intervals, harmonics, tonguing and pedals.

Your embouchure will make an adjustment when you start each new valve fingering, absolutely. I never thought about it before, but the Harmonic exercise is a little different then most of the others for this reason.

When you get to the Chord Pedals the same thing will hold true but in the opposite direction, since you will be readjusting from a very low note setting instead of from a high setting.

Keep the Q's coming!!

Charly

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-03-29 19:33 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: