• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Harmonics almost done - now what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles,

I am up to the f# in the harmonic exercise and you said in another post that after the f# something else comes up. Also I am doing the tongued 6 notes and that is getting under control - how is this extended?

Jerry Freedman,Jr
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

Now go to 8th notes on the harmonics, still maintaining mm 1/4 note = 60, and go to the G4 and then back all the way down to the low C1. Do this for at least 2 weeks before moving up to the A4. The harmoinics will not change from 1/8th notes at this time.

The tonguing now moves up to C2 - G3. This one will stay longer than the original exercise
G2 - C2.

You're doin' good! Concentrate on your timing and observance of the Four Rules.

Charly
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charles,

Its been 20 years but I still remember that green room with Carmine sitting in front of me, counting. We used to drive up on Saturday from Boston and park live out front. One of us would stay in the car while the rest went up.When I do the exercises he is in my head.

Before I tackle the harmonics I do the first on the mouthpiece - this helps tremendously

( One time we parked live and my friend who is quite short fell asleep in the back seat among the coats. I came to see the tow truck start to take him away)

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: