• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

FREDDIE HUBBARD RUMORS????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an E mail...that Freddie has congestive heart failure----I HATE RUMORS..BUT OUR Brooklyn WILMER WISE IS HOOKING UP WITH HIM TOMORROW NIGHT FOR THE FACTS...
Anyone have anything further???
I heard that he was having some real serious health issues over a month ago. E mailed Calicchio but didn't get an answer?

Freddies high energy trumpet and out of this world improvisational glib..will live forever in his treasured recordings and in my lame brain until my last days....Freddie Rules!

I pray that these rumors are BLOWN OUT OF SHAPE...and that if true, I wish him peace, comfort and that he know just how loved his creative soul...has given to our world and all that jazz.
brenter
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rumor you heard is in fact true: Freddie Hubbard did suffer from congestive heart failure. This is discussed in the newest Downbeat. According to the article, he is on anitbiotics and is doing much better. The article itself is interesting, but then again any article I've read on Hub is interesting.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BBD,

See if you can get ol' Wise Wilmer to see if Hub has an e-mail address and would enjoy getting get well wishes and comments from forum readers.

Freddie means a lot to a bunch of us and I'm saddened to read of this development. We need to pray for him.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom and gang...
I still haven't heard back from Wilmer and he hasn't responded to the AOL posting about his get together with Freddie.

Anyone knowing further info about our Hub'????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: