• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stamp in One Sentence?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Stamp in One Sentence? Reply with quote

I noticed in the thread about brief descriptions of the dedicated forums that the following descriptions were proposed:
Quote:
I'll give it a shot.

Jerome Callet -- All about the tongue.
Claude Gordon -- Air + Routine. All around playing with lots of traditional books.
Jeff Purtle (A student of CG and current poster, doesn't have a dedicated forum)
Chicago School - Song & Wind, Beautiful Song
Rafael Méndez - Not so much a method, lots of historical info.
Bill Adam - Leadpipe, Arban, Longtones, All-Around good playing
Carmine Caruso - Calisthenics, Six Notes, Timing
James Stamp - Buzzing
Donald S. Reinhardt - PIVOT! ($1 to anyone that catches that pop culture reference)
The Balanced Embouchure - Roll In, Roll Out, and Balance between the two.

I've never though of Stamp as a buzzing method, and I was about to post a response to that effect. However, I was caught short because I didn't have a short, snappy description.

Now I'm curious --- what would those of you who are more knowledgeable propose as a 1-2 sentence description of the Stamp approach?
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong about the Stamp, now that I re-read that. I was thinking more about the Chicowicz stuff when I wrote that, which is somewhat similar in the note patterns. I'll go back and edit that.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: