• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Volume 3 is here! (maybe the best yet?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Here! I'd Rather Be Boppin' -- 24 Bop Duets by Rich Willey,
Volume 3 in B-flat! (E-flat & bass clef coming soon!)

Special Offer! Returning Bop Duet customers (those who have already bought both Vols. 1 & 2) may purchase Vol. 3 for only $12.50 before July 1st. New customers who buy all three volumes before July 1st will have their total cost reduced to $39.95 (normal shipping charges apply). Your transaction total will be modified accordingly before your credit card order is processed.

Please go to http://www.boptism.com to take a look!

(Look at Bob Bernotas' new book "Top Brass" while you're there.)

==============================

I've learned a lot since writing Vol. 1, and feel that these books of duets have steadily gotten better in many ways. I look forward to hearing the feedback from those of you returning Bop Duet customers who pick up Vol. 3.
rich
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put in an order for the 3-pack. I had put off ordering before but couldn't resist this time

I'm looking forward to the books.

thanks.... rich
Jim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this set come with an accompaniment CD? Jim
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they don't. But think about it, do the Amsden's duets come with such a CD? Or the Bugs Bower Bop Duets? Hmmm, how 'bout the Arbans duets?

You're probably saying, "Gee, you mean we have to find another living, breathing human and play music without electronics? Is that possible?"

Rest assured, it can be done. And you want to know something? It sounds pretty good with "just two trumpet players." What a concept!

Forgive me if I sound a little flip . . . I just feel very strongly that playing with other humans is of the ultimate importance in developing our musicianship.

The duet is the most basic of all possible chamber ensembles, and really "forces" us to play better (and longer) than if we're playing alone in the practice room. I happen to love playing duets with other people, and don't think I'd even find the idea of playing duets with a CD enticing at all. An accompaniment CD would impose tempo restrictions on me, for one thing . . . I may want to play it slower or faster than you'd like.

For now, no accompaniment CD is available. Hope you're having a nice day!
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mr.Rich!!!

Excellent stuff!!!

Roddy o-iii<O
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a conspiracy going on because I've had many requests now for an accompaniment CD.

So I've started working (with the latest version of Band-In-A-Box) on making play-along tracks. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do it yet, but it looks like four tracks per tune: 1) one chorus slow, 2) one chorus medium, 3) one chorus fast, 4) three choruses at the medium tempo to practice blowing on the changes. That might come out two 2 CDs per book . . . I haven't checked the times, but that's probably about right.

I just wish I was better with Band-In-A-Box. So far my "endings" don't exactly match up with the slick endings in the duets. I'll either have to get a whole lot better at Band-In-A-Box or you people will just have to be forgiving, since all but the last measure will line up splendidly.

Any Band-In-A-Box experts out there? Please write me personally if you wouldn't mind answering a couple questions for me.

So, anyway, the books are selling well at http://www.boptism.com and we just might have a massive, worldwide bebop movement on our hands!
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All, if not nearly all, of the duets by Rich are based on welknown standards, therefore the Aebersold accompaniments will work. I've played them that way, with, and without a duet pardner and they works fine.
Larry Smithee
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I ordered all 3 books! Looking forward to getting them!
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These books are indispensible. They're a must have regardless of whether you just want to have a great time, hear new ways of 'making' the changes, or want new (to you) phrasing ideas. They're definately a work out!

EXCELLENT JOB RICH! Keep 'em comin'!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: