• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stamp and Caruso Together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemonster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone uses stamp and caruso together? I have been doing it for about 3 weeks and it is great. Nice easy warm up with stamp and close out the day with Caruso or some of the Flexus Stuff. Just wanted to see if any of you out have any thoughts on this. Thanks
etownfwd
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am borrowing this from my teacher, who studied with both CC and JS. Try the Stamp Warm-up #1 and try to play it as you would the Caruso exercises. It's actually a really great way to try things. Also, try that same philosophy with the condensed version of the the Stamp Warm-up #3 (I think it is -which ever one it is that goes up to high C and then goes down chromatically in step-wise motion by intervals.... Oh hell, it's the first alternate warm-up offered...) Give that a shot! I personally love it!
-efwd
Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always start by warming up with the Stamp as well. I find if I don't start with the Stamp my practice session is frustrating. I am disappointed in my sound and I tire easily. Relating it back to physical exercise for me it's like stretching before going for a jog. I have been doing the recommended routine for 7 weeks now and I am over the moon with the result. I am a cornet player and my range, sound and projection have improved dramatically. I didn't really notice until playing with my Brass Band. I am able to fill the room with a big powerful sound when called for.
Chaser
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Zauss (www.markzauss.com) likes Stamp & Caruso together.
bachstrad72
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the recommendation of Kevin Cobb, I have been mixing Stamp exercises with rudimentary Caruso exercises with great success in all areas of my playing, I feel they compliment each other greatly. The best combo I have found is to do the Caruso first to get everything moving, and then go to the Stamp and really smooth things out. As a side note, the Stamp book really has changed my life as a trumpet player for the better. If only I had started sooner......haha, oh well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: