• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sachs:Daily Fundamentals for Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atomlinson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered a copy of this from June Emerson (North Yorkshire,England), but they replied at the beginning of April that they will send a copy when it is published.

According to the International Music web-site this was due to be published in February 2002. It is also obvious from posts at TH that some of you American guys have seen this.

Has it been published yet?

Andrew Tomlinson

[ This Message was edited by: Atomlinson on 2002-05-27 05:43 ]
CBTrpt

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been published. Call International directly and order a copy. It's a great book by a wonderful player and teacher. You'll benefit greatly from time spent with this book.
Atomlinson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CBTrpt

I already have it on order so I'll chase my supplier first now that I know its available.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, everybody so far has said good things about it.

Andrew Tomlinson
Atomlinson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have my copy of Michael Sachs "Daily Fundamentals" and have been able to have a good look at it.

It is very good, and it is possible to devise a daily routine from it's various sections. It is also nice to have clear instructions on how to actually practise the exercises for a change.

We are very fortunate to have such a book from a current principal trumpet in one of the top five orchestras in America.

However, I have one serious complaint about it. I found the book quite impossible to use on a music stand, it will not lay flat (I found the same problem with their Sachse:100 Studies) A big black mark for International Music Company. So I've done what I've had to do on previous occasions; dismantle the book, punch holes in the edge and put it into a narrow arch-lever file.

Andrew Tomlinson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: