• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

WALK OF FAME LETTER - JAMES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: WALK OF FAME LETTER - JAMES Reply with quote

Rafael Mendez received a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame in 1982, about a year after his death. In order to receive this honor, numerous celebrities must nominate someone.

The following is the verbatim letter of support from Harry James. This, and numerous other letters, are displayed in the Rafael Mendez Library at Arizona State University.

April 24, 1982

Hollywood Historic Trust
Chamber of Commerce
6324 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, Calif. 90028

Dear Committee Members:

I am very pleased to submit to you the name of RAFAEL MENDEZ as a nominee for the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I realize his musical accomplishments are known to you all, so there is no need to embellish them....however, I also submit to you his fine community spirit and care for the education of youngsters with musical ambition.

His musical greatness will always be remembered, and I ask that you consider this petition for his Star on the Walk of Fame.

Sincerely yours,

Harry James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: