• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

hungarian dance #5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: hungarian dance #5 Reply with quote

I was learning this song imitating mendez and somebody commented to not use that type of vibrato and attack. He said to attack more gently and to slow down the vibrato. which is the right style for this song? thanks
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julian,

Hello again!

The style is up to you. I happen to like the Mendez style on his solos, but you have to admit it was a unique way of playing. I can see that some people might prefer less vibrato and attack (not so "Mexican") since the music is not Mexican or Spanish in style like so many of his solos.

Dave Hickman
AccentOnTrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why people complain about Mendez's sound or vibrato so much. It was his style and culture for Christ sake, and it didn't sound bad at all. A lot of the people who complain about Mendez's sound are just mad because they'll never be able to play a lot of his stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: