• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Hargrove

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brenter
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone purchased the new live CD, "Directions in Music," featuring Roy Hargrove, Michael Brecker, and Herbie Hancock. Very strong playing by Hargrove. I find his CD's to be somewhat hit and miss, but I really like what he's doing on this one.
Redhothorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No; however I appreciate these types of CD reviews so I have an idea as to what is out there and available.
brenter
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhothorn:

One other CD that I purchased about one month ago was "The Infinite" by Dave Douglas, which is his tribute to Miles Davis. That is a great CD. Dave's stuff can be pretty out there at times, so to speak, but this one is a little more straightforward. I really dig the Fender Rhodes on it!

By the way, regarding the newest Hargrove release, I personally don't agree at all with the Downbeat review of it. I have no idea what that guy is talking about!
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! OK!!...
Thanks for the tip!
Ever since seeing Roy here in Seattle about 5 years ago I have been following his progress.

Check out that weird wacky AK-47 ASSAULT' RIFLE LOOKING BAD BOTCHED PLUMBING JOB NEW HORN OF HIS CALLED an INDERBINDEN
(click on the prototype---IT'S THAT SCAREY! WHERE DOES THE CLIP GO? OR WHERE IS THE FUSE OR PULL-PIN????

Just kidding but I'll try to find a link and let you folks give your comments. Thinking back...(its funny now) but his horn was so butt-ugly that after it was stolen...the theif opened the case and was frightened half to death and placed it under some bushes outside of the night club and called them to tell where he had placed it. THANK GOD...THIS WAS PRE 9-11 OTHERWISE THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TOO CLOSE OFF THE DOWNTOWN AREA...AND WOULD HAVE HAD TO CALL OUT THE BOMB SQUAD!!! )

http://www.inderbinen.com

I have edited these links: but not working as yet???where did I go wrong-go wrong?
lets try:
http://www.inderbinen.com

[ This Message was edited by: BADBOY-DON on 2002-06-25 13:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BADBOY-DON on 2002-06-25 13:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BADBOY-DON on 2002-06-25 13:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BADBOY-DON on 2002-06-25 13:52 ]
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

As usual, you are right about Roy's UGLY horn.

I went to their website. Geez, those gangly, awkward-looking things need a momma so someone can love 'em.

Is it true that the designer of the funky Edsel automobile of the late 50's-60's . . . or the designer of the funky old Citroen autos might have been involved in making that thing so ugly? (Just kiddin')

In these days where all artists need to be really good lookin' (and young) to get any promotion by the recording industry, I imagine old Roy might be told one day to use a different horn on TV!!!

Geez . . . ALL of their horns look terrible!

Sincerely,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: