• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

soft G1 and D2???!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bp trumpet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: soft G1 and D2???!!! Reply with quote

Hy,

I ve been doing Caruso for a year now....Eric Vloeimans showed me how to do it....(GREAT PLAYER!!!!!)
Does anybody know abought after doing Caruso....there's a practise holding low Fis to recover......and then holdin g1 as soft as posible.....and then d2 as soft as posible........???????????why this exercise????He said it is for practising the ambroshure brakes....??????

anyone????

p.s -sorry for my inglish Im from europe...
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw CC i the 70s. For embouchure relaxation and regeneration I only heard him recommend low F sharps, long and soft as possible. For some people he assigned G on top of the staff, long and soft as possible, moving on up to high C but that wasn't for everybody and not for resetting the chops. I never heard what you are talking about.
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience fits with Jerry's. He gave the low F#s to virtually everyone. Some people (but definitely not everyone) got the long tones on G atop the staff (and eventually ascending).
Tgreenrun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My teacher would give me a note for the week to play as long and soft as possible starting on 4th space E chromatically upwards each week as far as I could take it. He also had me play 5 low f#'s as long and as possible while keeping the mouthpiece on the chops for all 5.

Tom Greenwood
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: