• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

gubaidulina song without words

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trptcolin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: gubaidulina song without words Reply with quote

Hey guys-
After hearing Reinhold Friedrich's performance of Sofia Gubaidulina's Song Without Words (Lied ohne Worte on the Modern Trumpet album; sorry I can't type the original Russian title), I decided to program it on an upcoming recital. I located the music at UGA's outstanding music library, but I was wondering if anyone knows where (or if) I might be able to find it for sale. It was published by Sikorski, and I found a reference to the piece on their website, but no link to buy. Thanks to anyone who can help!
-CJ
deleted_user_56590f0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try contacting Sikorski directly.

Difficult to locate music is often found via inter-library loan. Gubaidulina composed a nice little trio for 3 trumpets as well and I think she's a terrific composer.

Best to Freddie, assuming that you see him...
EC
http://shoko.calarts.edu/faculty/ecarroll.html
trptcolin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice---Sikorski has an "archive copy" they're going to sell me for 8 Euros. I'm a bit hesitant to send credit card info in an e-mail, but I guess I'll just take the risk. I'll tell Fred you said hello.
-CJ
mconley1986
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sofia Gubaidulina is one of my favorites! Have fun with this piece.
trumpeterswain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: gubaidulina song without words Reply with quote

trptcolin wrote:
Hey guys-
After hearing Reinhold Friedrich's performance of Sofia Gubaidulina's Song Without Words (Lied ohne Worte on the Modern Trumpet album; sorry I can't type the original Russian title), I decided to program it on an upcoming recital. I located the music at UGA's outstanding music library, but I was wondering if anyone knows where (or if) I might be able to find it for sale. It was published by Sikorski, and I found a reference to the piece on their website, but no link to buy. Thanks to anyone who can help!
-CJ

It has been published, in an edition along with Two Ballads (two trumpets and piano) and is readily available from sheet music retailers online, including Amazon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: