• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Harball Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgadvert
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a list of topics that would be featured on a Hardball forum. I see clear opposing viewpoints. Heres a partial list:

1)Do credentials imply 100%(standard error) that ones opinion is correct? So therefore, could one be totally wrong?

2)Is the greatest playing technique yet to be created? Are the methods currently being discussed antiquated in comparison to future developments?

3) Why do so many musicians and all artists lack the abilyt to think objectively when it comes to pleasing an audience?

4) What defines success/failure in trumpet playing?

5) What attributes/deficiences tend to be found in musicians/trumpet players more so than other types of individuals?

6) What percentage of of pro endorsers really believe in the products they put there names on?

7) Although some posters are outright in promoting certain products, do they have a hidden agenda?

Why are there no forums specifically for those currently in an active performing groups? Thousands of topics could be discussed!!!
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are good topics and I will gladly post and participate if anyone wants to. I've got a fair amount of experience when it comes to gigging and being successful with that, but I don't by any means consider myself an expert on anything.

I guess I could start putting this statement out there:

On the gig, a player with more experience but less technique, will play as well if not better than a less experienced person with more ability, depending of course on what level of experience both players posses. Agree? Disagree?

[ This Message was edited by: trickg on 2002-07-18 13:37 ]
jgadvert
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pat!

Could you re-word your statement(In other words etc..). What you said(if I understand it correctly) is probably correct in most cases.
I've proven it(to myself and the market I work in).

Otherwise someone could chime in with "experience should lead or start with good technique"
david johnson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hidden agendas.....hmmmm..trumpet conspiracies!! i knew it!

dj
jgadvert
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, these hidden agendas threaten to destroy the free world as we know it and directly contribute to the recent stock slide(ha ha).

If we bond together, we can save the trumpet playing world as we know it(ha ha ha)

Keep it light man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: