• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Caruso for Euphonium/Baritone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iuptrumpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Caruso for Euphonium/Baritone Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Jeremy and I'm at student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania who has been doing Carmine for about a year now after studying the routine with Dale Orris and George Rabbai, two close friends of mine as well as previous students of Carmine. I have introduced it to many trumpet players here at IUP, as well as a euphonium player. Does anyone have any tips for adapting it to Euphonium, if it does indeed need to be adapted? After all, it is Musical Calisthenics for Brass!

Thanks in advance.
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Caruso for Euphonium/Baritone Reply with quote

iuptrumpet wrote:
Hello, my name is Jeremy and I'm at student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania who has been doing Carmine for about a year now after studying the routine with Dale Orris and George Rabbai, two close friends of mine as well as previous students of Carmine. I have introduced it to many trumpet players here at IUP, as well as a euphonium player. Does anyone have any tips for adapting it to Euphonium, if it does indeed need to be adapted? After all, it is Musical Calisthenics for Brass!

Thanks in advance.

It does not need to be adapted for euphonium. Do the method exactly as used for trumpet, obviously making the adjustment of a ninth. So the starting note for the 6 notes, instead of being 2nd line "G" in the treble clef, will be fourth line "F" in the bass clef. The starting note for all the intervals will likewise be fourth line "F". Of course, if the euphonium player reads treble clef, then you will not need to make any change at all. By the way, if the method were being used for a tuba player, it would start at "F" just below the bass clef.

Tom
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!
gennaro
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this means same note but in different octave...

this is true also for sax?
make sense to warm up all togheter in Big Band with six note?
and in general is useful Caruso for sax?

regards
Gennaro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: