• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

pro tec quad case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ByroTrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have anything to say about the protec quad case. Any other suggestions maybe for hard cases for 4 trumpets that will not totally rip my bank account apart.
I do not see a gig bag in my future...

any responses would be great thanks!

Byron
KevinInGeorgia
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be getting a Protec Quad in the near future. I use to own a Protec Double when I was in college & it served me well. I just can't justify spending $200+ for a quad case. The best price I’ve seen was at Mouthpiece Express but they are out of stock again! I've never been able to order ANYTHING from them because it is always out of stock. If anyone knows of a good, lightweight, quad case for under $150 please tell us?
Also where is the best place to buy a Protec Quad?

thanks,
Kevin
_ConnMan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryon, I can't speak for the Quad case itself, but I can for ProPac/ProTec. I bought my daughter, who is in elementary school, a clarinet case 2 1/2 years ago for Christmas. So far it has stood up to the Test. That is the TEST of abuse a kid can give it. You can't imagine the stories I hear about the bus trips to and from school - they're animals! Anyways, the zippers still work, handles are still intact, etc ....

BTW - I bought a new Kanstul flugelhorn back in May. I wanted a combo case (trpt/flugel) for myself. I ended up with a ProPac after trading in the manufacturer's gladstone combo case. They seem to all have great features; nice padding, good instrument fit, and PLENTY of storage are for STUFF. I love it and highly recommend it! You get a good bang for the buck!!

As far as places to buy one, seems as though Giradinelli or Brasswind has good pricing. You might check out Music123.com or even e-Bay.

Good Luck,

[ This Message was edited by: ConnMan on 2002-08-07 11:00 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: