• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mendez Signature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrumpetDemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Mendez Signature Reply with quote

I was digging through some music that my private teacher had given to me years ago and found an old copy of La Virgen that was signed by Mendez on the top of the solo part. I am quite sure it is genuine, my teacher saw Mr. Mendez perform several times. It is inscribed "Good Luck" followed by his signature. Does anyone have his signature so it could be compared? I think I will frame it and put it on the wall! Just had to tell someone!!
Thanks,
Phil
Happy Canuck
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check the back wall in the top picture at the Mendez Library site http://mendezlibrary.asu.edu/about.htm You will see his signature. And it matches the one on my copies of Flirtations of a Trumpet and Nina that Mendez signed for me in 1964.

Olds trumpets/GR Butcher 65.6M
Olds cornets/Sparx 4B
Olds Flugelhorn/GR leadpipe/GR Butcher 65.6FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: