• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

HICKMAN'S BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: HICKMAN'S BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Reply with quote

OK, folks.......I can now make my big announcement about the project I have been working so hard on for the past six months.

I have started my own publishing company....Hickman Music Editions. I have made new editions of numerous standard (public domain) works as well as things no one has seen before. I already have about 65 titles for sale.

I also stock CDs and other cool things for trumpeters. Please click on the banner ad here on TH, or go to www.HickmanMusicEditions.com to check things out.

Please let me know how you like the site.

Dave Hickman
Mr. Stomvi
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great site Dave !!! Good luck on your new venture.

Quick request - please publish the cornet solos "Zelda" by Percy Code and of course "Cleopatra" by Damare. Any other French cornet solos too

Good Luck

Seth Moore

Billy Wilder
trpt.hick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seth:

Good suggestions. My list is too huge to post, but I have tons more that I want to do.

DH
allstarbugler
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuxieme Fantasie Brilliante and Deuxieme Grand Solo by J.B. Arban are 2 I'd buy.
trpt.hick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the Arban pieces are on my list, too. Good recommendation. Thanks!

DH
allstarbugler
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank YOU for creating this site!
Guy NoVa
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cople of suggestions that would make you site more useful to folks like me, an accomplished amateur, not a professional trumpeter.

First, I am always on the lookout for new music to learn, but I do not know the literature well enough to know what I'm am getting into unless there is a short description of the technical demands a piece makes on the performer. Alternatively, it would help a lot to have a peek inside the music to allow one to judge the level of skill it demands.

Second, it would be neat to have links between the CDs and the music literature so that one could easily buy a piece of music to learn and at the same time buy a CD of a performance of the same music.

Other than that -- a very nicely done site. Attractive to look at and easy to navigate. Can't ask for much more than that.
Eclipse Flugel
Courtois Chambord Cornet
Pocket Max
trpt.hick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the pieces in the catalog so far are standard repertoire, so just ask me or anyone on TH about the difficulty levels. Maybe I can work out something like that later (showing music).

As far as linking the CDs to the sheet music, try doing a search by composer (at the top of the Homepage). It will bring up all items that use the name typed in.

DH
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is cost me a chunk of change... At least Father's Day, birthday, and Christmas are taken care of this year!

Great job, David -- thanks much! - Don
trumPF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Hickman,

Thank you very much for the new resource! Just wondering, is there any chance of a re-issue of the Summit Brass album with Doc Severinsen?
trpt.hick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Summit Brass CD with Doc Severinsen as soloist was our very first Summit Brass CD (back in 1986). It was released on the ProArte label. They kept it in print for just a couple of years.

After Summit Records was started, we contacted ProArte about purchasing or leasing the rights to the CD. We wanted to enhance the sound quality and reissue it. Unfortunately, ProArte would not let anyone use it. For years, ProArte produced many "sampler" CDs with different themes like "American Spirit," "Brass Extravanganza," etc. (these are not exact titles, btw). Many of these samplers included one or two tracks from our two CDs with them.

As far as I know, the SB/Doc CD has never been reissued. In fact, I am somewhat certain that the ProArte label has been out of business, sold off, or something. At any rate, they don't seem to exist as far as I can tell.

Maybe Summit Records ought to look into finding out who owns the rights to the CD. Maybe they would be willing to license it now? Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.

DH
BinSB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Dave and much luck to you in this new endeavor! I will pass the word along to the boss and all.

Bernadette
x-Doc Severinsen Road Manager
steve_fenick
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
Thanks for this great new resource, and good luck with this new endeavor. You have already done so much to make the trumpeter's world a better place, and this new addition to your legacy makes it even better!
PhxHorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Severinsen CD, this might be old news, but I bought a new copy of a CD at K-Mart in the early 90s for five bucks, and it was called Doc Severinsen & Summit Brass. The label was called First Choice and the product number is FC 4528, copyright 1991. Bar code 15095 45282. It also says manufactured by Intersound Inc. 11810 Wills Rd., Box 1724, Roswell, GGA 30077. Tunes are Fanfare for the Common Man, Commemorative Fanfare, Five Episodes for Brass (these are the only tracks with Doc), Excerpts from Mass, Music of America, and Symphony for Brass and Tympani.
trpt.hick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, ProArte was owned by Intersound.....and maybe still is. Intersound seems to invent numerous sub-labels all the time.

Has anyone seen the CD available in the past 10 years?

DH
ken_fung
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for your new venture!

https://www.facebook.com/hkvmc.hk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: