• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ralphe- Kenny cornet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkramb19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Ralphe- Kenny cornet Reply with quote

Has anyone evr heard of a Ralphe -Kenny cornet made in Minneapolis? I just met a lady who's husband passed away and she is selling his trumpets. He was the brass repairn man at IU for quite a while, so the horns are in good shape. One of the horns is a Ralphe-Kenny Cornet from sometime way back in the 1910's or so. the serial number 1,52X. The horn has very nice silver plating, but i have never heard of Ralphe-Kenny. Does anyone have any info on this horn?
DickB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might check to see if that is the name of a music store that was in Minneapolis in the early 1900s. Many such old horns with obscure names were stenciled (branded) by major manufacturers for local stores and teachers.
Gilligan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a picture? Those of us more fimiliar with the older instruments can often recognize a maker by the bracing, caps, and small details in the horn. Most stencils or only shipped with a serial number, but this serial number is from the maker so it can sometimes give clues to age and possible model.
Ortrouvere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Ralph Kenny horns Reply with quote

I have a Ralph Kenny trumpet. I was my mothers horn, and I used it as a marching band instrument in High School. I did some research on Ralph E. Kenny and found he was a musician/music dealer in the Midwest in the late 1800s through the early 1900s. The last of his instruments were made between 1900 - 1913. These horns are identifiable by the name Ralph Kenny on the bell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: