• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Allan Vizzuti

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tryingtolivethelife
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My trumpet teacher here at colledge is having me get this guys book. Does anybody out there have it and if so how is it?? I have only heard of it once before and I realize that could just be because I haven't hearrd of it... but I'm thinking that maybe it's a bad book. What I've seen of it looks just like the exersizes I write out for myself. The long tones on chord degrees. ANd personally I'd rather buy a clifford brown transcription book. Has anybody found this book, I guess the series three books right? to be really helpfull? any help would be apreciated,
Chuck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gb1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three are good, valuable books. You should get them. Transcribe Clifford with your own ears.

(Also, you might think about picking up a dictionary, College Boy!)
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved this for Tryingtolive...

tryingtolivethelife

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but when time is limited and all I want to do is take a piece of a solo and learn licks from a player I really admire I would much rather use a transcription book. My teacher sold me on the books today and just think how few people would know anything about charlie parkers solos if it weren't for people like abersol to write them out. I may only have learned one on my own but with the book I can put so much more of an amazing player under my fingers. Thank you though for the advice, much aprectiiaaatedd

Chukc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: