• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Besson Brevette Cornet - c. 1906 - adapted to key of A?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpeterswain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Besson Brevette Cornet - c. 1906 - adapted to key of A? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Besson Brevette cornets of the 1906-08 vintage included a leadpipe and tuning slide to play as a Cornet in A? The attached image shows an instrument for sale. Seller does not know the answer, but to my eyes, it looks like the longer tuning slide and shorter lead pipe have been mismatched.

pastbrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct. The slides and bits are mis-matched.
It looks like a fine horn and Bessons of this vintage are usually great players.
Scott
trumpeterswain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Besson Brevette vintage cornet Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. The item was on eBay, item=7379908369. Bidding ended at $408.00. I was outbid, which was just as well for my bank balance, because I went on a bit of a trumpet spree last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: