• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

F. Schmidt Artist Model Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klipschfan4life
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: F. Schmidt Artist Model Trumpet Reply with quote

What is the scoop on Scmidt trumpet particularly the Artist Model trumpet? I tried it out at a local brook mays store the notes slotted and projected SO WELL!! I honestly think I like it better than a Bach Stradivarius. What is the history on this brand of instruments? Also, what is your personal openion on how good these this particular trumpet is compared to a bach stradivarius? Does F. Schmidt have a web site?
blasticore
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one of these for a while. I asked around, and apparently F. Schmidt is the "S" in the B&S company, whose horns you hear about all the time. That explained the similar appearance to both B&S and Accent (as I noticed recently when the Dallas Brass came to town) instruments.

I don't think F. Schmidt alone has a working site, but if you like the horn, play the heck out of it.

Last edited by blasticore on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Becker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: F. Schmidt Artist Model Trumpet Reply with quote

klipschfan4life wrote:
What is the scoop on Scmidt trumpet particularly the Artist Model trumpet? I tried it out at a local brook mays store the notes slotted and projected SO WELL!! I honestly think I like it better than a Bach Stradivarius. What is the history on this brand of instruments? Also, what is your personal openion on how good these this particular trumpet is compared to a bach stradivarius? Does F. Schmidt have a web site?

The F. Schmidt is the name of Brook Mays exclusive house brand trumpet produced by B&S. According to the techs I spoke to from Brook Mays the Artist Model features their "MK"mouthpipe (stands for Modified-K) and is a copy of a Paris Selmer K-Modified taper. For trademark purposed they call it MK (not to be confused with M/K Drawing's mouthpipes).
The only webpage you will find F. Scmidt trumpets on is the Brook Mays website.

Jim Becker
Brass Repair Specilsit
Osmun Music Inc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they a very good trumpets, based on the two or three that I've tried.

Dave
DavesTrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gad, don't ever mention the name, "Schmidt" on a trumpet list. My blood pressure just went up.

Those who remember R.M.M.T. (AOL members no longer have newsgroup access) will know what I'm talking about. For the others, sorry for the intrusion.

www.electrotheremin.com/bach.html
www.soundcloud.com/davestrumpet
www.facebook.com/DavesTrumpet
www.youtube.com/DavesTrumpet
Claude G.
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: F. Schmidt Artist Model Trumpet Reply with quote

[The F. Schmidt is the name of Brook Mays exclusive house brand trumpet produced by B&S. According to the techs I spoke to from Brook Mays the Artist Model features their "MK"mouthpipe (stands for Modified-K) and is a copy of a Paris Selmer K-Modified taper. For trademark purposed they call it MK (not to be confused with M/K Drawing's mouthpipes).

Jim Becker
Brass Repair Specilsit
Osmun Music Inc.[/quote]

Jim: What about their Schmidt mouthpieces? Any good?
James Becker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Claude G., I haven't had any experience with the F. Schmidt moutpieces so I could't say.

Jim Becker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Claude G.
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Becker wrote:
Hello Claude G., I haven't had any experience with the F. Schmidt moutpieces so I could't say.

Jim Becker

Jim: And it may be all moot because I called Brook Mays and they said they are being bought out by another business and are not making any more internet sales....so, unless someone else carries these, I won't get to try them
ertatta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i currently own a f. schmidt 37S(other Bb's i own are callet symphonique & a new sonare TRC-800) and yes indeed they are basically a rebadged B&S challenger. it's a wonderful playing & sounding instrument which is in my opinion a better alternative to the strad than a standard xeno. btw, my sonare is based on the B&S challenger II and is more proof that B&S is making some of the finest horns out there, yet they are often overlooked. i believe scott laskey is also basing his new horns off the B&S challenger C & Bb with extensive modifications. if you haven't played a B&S flugel, picc, Eb/D, or cornet, you will be pleasantly suprised. these horns also prove that for pro's out there, it's not necessary to spend $3200 and above on a top quality Bb or C.
bilboinsa
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: F. Schmidt Artist Model Trumpet Reply with quote

James Becker wrote:
The F. Schmidt is the name of Brook Mays exclusive house brand trumpet produced by B&S. According to the techs I spoke to from Brook Mays the Artist Model features their "MK"mouthpipe (stands for Modified-K) and is a copy of a Paris Selmer K-Modified taper. For trademark purposed they call it MK (not to be confused with M/K Drawing's mouthpipes).

Jim Becker
Brass Repair Specilsit
Osmun Music Inc.
So, now it should be a collectors' item, right?

Schilke B2;
Kanstul 1525;
1927 Conn 22B
1970 B&H Regent
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."
http://www.myspace.com/schilkeb2
Member: http://xeml.buglesacrossamerica.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: