• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Phelps Trumpet Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy,

I have just about finished your book (it is longer than mine). I have enjoyed reading it.
I especially like, and agree, with your emphasis on tone and also the idea of playing notes as opposed to "hitting" them. Sometimes it is hard to remember it is all about music.

I think we pretty much agree on playing the same way in all registers too. The routine that I use is mostly to get students to play through the horn and approach all registers the same way.

Stay in touch.

Joe Phelps

======================

"So You Want To Be A Trumpet Player"
by Joe F. Phelps

International Trumpet Guild member Joe Phelps's new book is dedicated to Mr. William Adam, Professor Emeritus.

Mr. Phelps, with over 30 years of trumpet teaching experience has authored a book geared towards the high school and college trumpet player. Mr. Phelps studied with William Adam, at Indiana University School of Music, for his undergraduate work and on a continuing basis for more than 30 years.

His influential teachers were David Ritter (University of Central Arkansas), John Haynie (University of North Texas), Fred Peterson (Eastern Kentucky University), and Gil Johnson (University of Miami).

"So You Want To Be A Trumpet Player" priced at $24.00 can be ordered at:

Joe F. Phelps
306 Farthing St
Boone, NC 28607-3821

======================

direct email:

RoddyTpt@aol.com

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
orchestraltrpt
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phelps' book is an EXCELLENT book. I read it once a week myself to keep my mind clear of trumpet problems.

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: