• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Orchestral Scores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm going to be buying scores in the near future and have some questions. I'm looking at the Dover scores and they have all of the original Stravinsky stuff. They don't have the reorchestrated versions. I'm looking at Firebird and Petruschka specifically. Are they similar enough to make it worth buying them to study, or should I look elsewhere for the reorchestrated versions that I need? Thanks for any help.

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kzem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't looked at my Dover scores in a long time. I do remember that they were close enough to the reorchestrated ones that they were still a vaulable tool. One thing that I have been doing lately is checking the music bins and discount shelves at Borders and Barnes and Noble. Occasionally I'll find scores such as Mahler 1,3,5, and 9 between 5-10 bucks each.

Kurt Z
blasticore
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Wagner's Tristan und Isolde for 8 bucks in a music store a few months back. Do these things normally go this cheap?
kzem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not, I've been buying them because I thought I was getting a good deal! I do remember seeing them go for $15-20 on an average, though.

Kurt Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: