• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Using TH posts elsewhere on the Web.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeCool
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Using TH posts elsewhere on the Web. Reply with quote

I just googled myself for the heck of it to see what might be out there. I came across a review that I did on a trumpet about 4 years ago on the seller's website. I posted here on the TH. Obviously he copied and pasted it. Was it legal for him to do this? Furthermore, he's got my name at the bottom. I don't remember giving him permission much less using my name. Thanks.
aceswildtru
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Using TH posts elsewhere on the Web. Reply with quote

JoeCool wrote:
I just googled myself for the heck of it to see what might be out there. I came across a review that I did on a trumpet about 4 years ago on the seller's website. I posted here on the TH. Obviously he copied and pasted it. Was it legal for him to do this? Furthermore, he's got my name at the bottom. I don't remember giving him permission much less using my name. Thanks.

Would have been nice for him to ask permission. If you just e-mail this person and tell them that they do not have your permission to use your name, they'll probably just do what you ask and that'll be the end of it. Of course, if they don't do that...

-Travis

Nothing special: Bach 3C + Bach Strad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeCool
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed him right after I posted here...we'll see. I really wouldn't care a whole lot if I still had the horn and was playing it. But I don't have it and came to dislike it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: