• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stamp Exercise 3 question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skuni
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Stamp Exercise 3 question Reply with quote

Can anyone explain how to perform the last 2 lines of page 5?
fnchdrms87
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean? you mean the E-F#-E-B-C#-B-E-G#-B-E-G#-B-E line etc.? In the new edition of the stamp excercises with the cd accompaniment by thomas stevens (which is awesome by way) the instructions say that 3 and 4a should be buzzed on the mouthpiece, eventually working towards playing the figure on the bottom of pg. 6 in one breath on the mouthpiece. So, I guess the best advice I could give to you would be to buzz the excercise on the mouthpiece playing the pitches on the piano making sure you match pitch. Also, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the new stamp book with the cd accompaniments for C and Bb trumpet. you can buzz along with the tracks and it will tell you right away if your playing the studies correctly, i guess. I didn't study with stamp, or study with anyone who studied with stamp for a prolonged amount of time, but from what I've gathered from the fine posts janet has put on here and everything else i've read up on stamp, he was big proponent that if it sounded right, it was right. So when you buzz along with the cd tracks, if you're out of tune, you hear it right away and you make the correction. sorry that was a little long winded, but i hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: