• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Benny Barbara and Mendez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Bridges

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Benny Barbara and Mendez Reply with quote

I came across the name "Benny Barbara" a few years back when I purchased a great LP by him on eBay. Since then, I've found several more. In photos, he's shown playing an Olds Mendez with an Olds Mendez mouthpiece. And his technique is really something else ... he's the closest I've heard to Mendez. On his website and bio:

http://pages.globetrotter.net/antigone/barbara/biography.html

... he claims to have been a close personal friend of Mendez, and says he replaced him many times.

He's from Argentina originally, but is now a Canadian citizen.

Anybody out there know anything about this? I can tell you this from listening to his albums ... Mr. Barbara was one terrific trumpet player in his prime.

Best regards,

Bill Bridges
MDoucet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Benny was my first trumper teacher, I'm currently working with his daugther. I've talked to Mr Barbara last week after 30+ years. He's in good shape, with the trumpet never far away.

You could contact him through the following email : benny.barbara@videotron.ca

He also have a web site : http://www.expert-trumpet-method.com/

I'm sure he would like to talk to you.

Marc
Benny Barbara

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bridges, thank you for your comments,i want you to know that i have something new for you, it is not on the market, but you can see them in Youtube or Facebook, are my TV presentations. Hope you enjoy them, give some news. Bye bye now.....Benny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: