• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Virginia Tech

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim.jones
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to teach High School and Middle School foreign language. To get the degree in order to do so I had to take composition courses in both languages (English and Spanish). Composition requires a multiple draft, polish the previous offering approach. A final draft for submittal for grading needs to be "perfect". How, indeed, did this young man's poor writing get him to Senior level and near graduation at a major American university? I read his "plays". His dialogue is poorly constructed and not "authentic". Many are talking about how disturbing the plot threads are in these two alleged plays. I'm not bothered as much by that (in the right hands something of quality could evolve) as I am by the tortured use of the language. My 20/20 hindsight forensic psychological profile is this:

He couldn't write. His classmates could. That hurt his feelings. He behaved badly alienating the very people who could have helped him learn to write. Pathetic to the end he shot and killed 32 innocent people and one tragically untalented jerk.

Bits of information are coming out about this guy and the degree to which he was disturbed. He was angry in so many different directions. Has anyone offered any evidence that his anger was righteous in any way? Did he have a pedophillic stepfather? Was he mis-treated by "rich snobs"? Poor baby.

Tim Jones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: