• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Mendez Solos!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: New Mendez Solos! Reply with quote

HME has just released the following Mendez solos and trios:

DANCE OF THE HOURS by Ponchielli (arr. Mendez) for Bb trumpet and piano. This is one of my favorites. What a great and popular piece! It is fairly difficuly, but not as difficult as it sounds.

THEMES FROM "DIE FLEDERMAUS" by J. Strauss (arr. Pappas). This solo was arranged for Mendez and is a wonderful showpiece. Trumpet in Bb with piano. Also available with band and orchestra accompaniment. (The band and orchestra versions are printed but not on the website quite yet. The one listed is with piano.)

GALLITO for 3 Bb trumpets with brass ensemble. This Mendez piece is one of his best trumpet trios and is perfect for fun concerts. Also available with piano accompaniment.

To find them, click here:

www.HickmanMusicEditions.com/Select2.asp?page=10&selection=34

DH
Zooter1940s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing new Mendez solos for sale. Every time I see a new solo I usually end up adding at least an extra hour to my practice sessions just to keep up. Mendez was a machine!

Dance of the Hours is soooo much fun I can't wait to get it. I had a question about the Themes from Die Fledermaus though. I've never heard this piece and was wondering if anyone ever recorded it. If not, do you think you could describe it a bit? I've never actually scene/heard the entirety of Die Fledermaus, but I have heard the overture and really enjoyed that, is this piece anything like the overture?

Thanks,

Chris
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I recorded it with orchestra on a CD titled "A Brassy Night at the Opera" for the Summit Records label. I stock it on my website.

DH
JonKratzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to Die Fledermaus [url=http://music.asu.edu/faculty/hickman.htm] Here[/url]

What a treat, I'll be buying the CD soon. Can't wait.

Jon
mffan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: mendez solos Reply with quote

Sounds great! Was just listening to a Black Dyke album yesterday with the Brass Band arrangement of Fledermaus. Wish I was that good!

www.kalamazooconcertband.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: