• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Geoffrey Payne's Mendez Tribute Album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Besson62

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Geoffrey Payne's Mendez Tribute Album Reply with quote

Beautiful Album, Trumpet Magic, songs like Hejre Kati and Dance of the Comedians, recorded by the principal trumpeter of the MSO, aparently songs on there that have never been recorded (only a rumour)

available through Australian ABC shops

thoroughly recomend it

any thoughts for those who have heard it?
DocLips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Geoffrey Payne Reply with quote

Besson62,

Thanks for your heads-up. Based on your post I ordered the CD which arrived yesterday. It is a must for Mendez fans. Geoffrey Horne pays wonderful homage to Mendez and captures his flair and flavor while not ignoring his own spectacular prowess. I felt it was a good indication of what Rafael Mendez would have sounded like were he alive and recording today.
I definitely recommend it to all brass players, not just fans of the great Mendez.

Geoffrey, if you are reading this post, Bravo, Bravissimo!

Dave Hickman, if you are reading this post(which I imagine you are) I ordered some Mendez CD's from you a few months ago as well as a couple of your books on playing Piccolo Trumpet and your Master Class CDs on Classical/Baroque trumpet and just want to thank you for this wonderful forum and your dedication to brass playing. A big THANK YOU.
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, DocLips.

I also agree with you about Geoffrey's CD. It is spectacular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Rafael Méndez All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: