• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need help pricing YTR 4320 ST Silver 1986 Trumpet for EBAY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinabsher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Need help pricing YTR 4320 ST Silver 1986 Trumpet for EBAY Reply with quote

My daughter got a brand new Yamaha YTR 4320 ST in 1986 with hard sided Yamaha Case and two mouth peieces. She dropped out of band after playing the horn for a maximum of twenty hours. Her braces seemed to cause her problems. We polished it and put it into the case and it has been stored in a dry attic for all these years. I would like to list it on Ebay, but would like suggestions on it's value. It has a tiny dent on the curved area two feet from the bell, otherwise it is in perfect condition. TIA Kevin
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents.

First option: Take some good photos of the horn w/ different angles. Include an accurate detailed description, emphasizing the horn's excellent potential as an intermediate/beginning instrument. Start the bidding at $200 w/ no reserve and see what happens.

Second option: Takes some good photos as above, with a short-and-sweet description w/ your contact info and post it to all the band teachers in your area. Beginning bands will be starting up soon.

Larry
kevinabsher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

Thank you for the great ideas....I'm gonna place it on eBay using a reserve to see how much it'll bring there and in the meantime visit the local Schools as they are starting next week. Very good ideas. I truly appreciate your help in this matter.

Kevin Absher
oldlou
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Ebay pricing Reply with quote

If you put a reserve on your trumpet, or if you demand PayPal you will get very few bids. As an old Ebayer I have observed this for a long time. There are some rare exceptions to this, but, on average that is the way that bidders behave.

OLDLOU>>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: