• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

A "Trumpet Care" forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be usefull to have a forum dedicated to trumpet care and reparation to talk about different product of method to take care and all those stuff you know? Well This is my idea i don't know what other think about it ...please post!

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You may be on to something. Let me expand on your idea. Trumpet care is something that is pretty straightforward. Wouldn't it be nice to have a "Library" tab up "top" where people could access "reference" material on things like cleaning, repairs, serial numbers of different makes, history of popular makes, etc.

Its food for thought!

Tom Turner
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah maybe, a forum may be not that much usefull but a reference could be nice!

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already got a "HORN" forum. Why wouldn't it be appropriate to have threads in that forum that deal with maintainance, repair, customizing, parts replacement, etc. etc.

Does that forum only have to deal with new horns? I would suggest that the Webmaster just add a few words to the already existing forum description. Something like"Find the best horn for the job and learn how to maintain it."

I like to keep it simple.

CR

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-01-12 09:24 ]
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not sure there are enough variations in how to clean and maintain a horn to create a separate forum for that kind of stuff. I was thinking of more of a separate "tab" just below the trumpet everyone sees above, with "reference" information provided there, but not in "forum" form.

I get a little tired of seeing the same old questions posed (and then painstakingly answered by everyone) every two or three weeks just because the original poster was too lazy to simply scroll down and find the prior posts.

Having a "reference" tab for all non-controversial topics of different kinds would keep the "clutter" off the different forums and make it easier for everyone to locate what they were interested in.

Just a thought . . .

Tom
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, referrence is fine, and maybe peeps should have a way to submit new thing there is someone discover a magic trick or something like that, well a treumpet herald answer could be fun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: