• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

***PIRACY!***

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetgeeksr
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

......... Uhhh, What did I miss???!
AL HIRT autograph model
YAMAHA CUSTOM FLUGEL
Nespy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetgeeksr wrote:

The first nine pages of the thread.
johnkool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Staerkel update? Reply with quote

Nespy wrote:
trumpetgeeksr wrote:

The first nine pages of the thread.

I want more.
Where are the spies?

Did the local paper ever do a story?
(NO, I'll bet)

Has anyone else gone to hear the guy?
bachstreak
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread guys- Keep it going
bbur7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking news https://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/trademark-lawsuits/arizona-district-court/962411/barleen-s-arizona-opry-dinner-show-inc-et-al-v-george-l-staerkel/summary/
trpt.hick
Rafael Méndez Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic news! I hope that justice is served.

A trumpet player who is faking to play to recordings by Maynard, Doc, Al Hirt, etc. is bad enough, but selling CDs of these artists under his own name is way over the top.
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus ends (or begins anew?) one of the funniest threads ever on TH.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1979 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
Eastlake Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
zackh411
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyMike wrote:
the cleaner wrote:
As the owner of a pool cleaning business in a town near Mesa I have met many rich and famous people, this is how I got to know the Staerkels and they are just like you and me except they have different problems. These are special problems that you and I don’t know about because we’re not like them. When George found out I was learning to play the trumpet he was so cool that he gave me one of his special trumpets that was given to him by a very famous person, it even has the guys name on it. He didn’t have to do this and he didn’t do it because I clean his pool or sometimes tend bar at his parties he did it because that’s the kind of dude he is. In George’s world things like that happen all the time, like he has this huge ring that Ringo Star gave him just because they’re friends.

To give you an idea of George’s world I’ll tell you about the last show I went to.

As usual George is blowing the room away on all kinds of instruments, instruments that you and I don’t even know about, instruments that only George can play, instruments that haven’t even been invented yet, he could have been Albert f-----g Einstein but he wanted to play music instead. Well every night he does this thing where in the middle of Macarthur Park he switches from the scream box over to that big Ricola bad boy, he does this for contrast and warmth and it makes chicks cry sometimes. Well just as he’s switchin over some maniac fan jumps up on stage and stuffs a book into the end of the Ricola thingy, security is all over the guy and something explodes on stage and George is trying to save the Ricola horn, it was given to him by like the Swiss president, it’s a national f-----g treasure, and it’s endangered too. Everything is happening real fast and I’m just trying to calm Barbara down, she’s all freaked out on account of thinkin it was another assisination attempt.

Well the security guys are trying to keep every one back and it looks like there is a little fire in one of the electronic boxes hooked up to the Ricolla job and it’s making black smoke and when George finaly gets the book out of the Ricola horn it’s some old Catcher in the Rye paperback but George starts screamin because he wrote it and some J. D. Salinger dude’s name is on it and he is already suing that Star Wars chick and all he’s trying to do is raise money for a kids Never Land theme park he thought up and now this. It’s just one thing after another and you and I don’t have these kinds of problems.

George is screaming and bumping into things on the stage, the security guys are wrestling with this nut job that stuffed the book, and there is smoke coming out of the Ricola horn and now it’s everywhere, and no one has thought to turn off the disco ball, so the manager is screaming because the disco ball with black smoke could cause George to have a seizure or something, and this is all just another tricky day for George but I’m over in a corner with Barbara who is now in fetal position, I can tell because I studied psychology, and she’s crying and her black chiffon is all static clingy and riding up and chafing her and mascara is smudged all over her face and it looks like she cut her lip and there is a dark side of me that is being attracted to her but I know this is my inner trumpet player so it’s ok, so I let the inner trumpet player guide me and reach out to her.

Now she is realy shaking and stuttering and I’m half scared to death and excited at the same time and trying to think of what Chet Baker would do, and now she is talking all funny and twitching like she is throwing up but it’s all words instead of puke, and she is telling me about how lonely she is and scared and George always wears the scream box on his head in bed because it makes him sound like Fabio but it’s broke and it makes him sound like Nick f-----g Nolte and he has been wearing the same fuzzy pajamas that Boots Randolf gave him for 5 years and every night he pretends to call Kenny G and he talks to Kenny G on the cell phone in the scream box with this garbled Nick Nolte voice and it’s scary because the scream box gets fogged up and everything is steamy and smelly like at her aunt’s funeral when she was a little girl and what that sweaty man in the black suit smelled like and like the closet for the mean janitor and he died but the closet still says janitor, and she is scared of the feet on the pajamas but she can’t stop looking at them and she tries so hard not to look at the pajama feet, don’t look, don’t look, but she still looks at them and now she is looking at me.

Yes she’s looking at me and I’m scared but in a good way and I feel like I’m falling backwards but I’m being drawn into those venus fly trap things on her eyes like Tammy wore and now I feel her sweat and mascara and the smoke all over my face and I can taste blood and I’m afraid of clowns but I feel like I’m about to explode and it’s just the two of us and I feel like we’re in a warm hazy tunnel, and I hear the Ricola horn but it’s far far away,unplugged, in another world, so distant and it’s pure and sweet and I end up taking one for the team, and a real trumpet player would do that right? Right? So I took one for the team right? Right? A real trumpet player takes one for the team. Right? Right???

I feel like I did the right thing but I’m not like them.

It was for the team. Right?

Jack (not my real name, I have a business you know, think about it)

Bb Bundy (signed)

Quoted for posterity.

7 years later, and even though it wasn't removed, I appreciate the forethought.

Lead Piece: Custom PickettBrass
Jazz Piece: Custom Curry TC
Legit Piece: Yamaha Shew Jazz (18 Drill)
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That quoted post above is epic.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that IS some writing!
oj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of you from Arizona know anything about Staerkel these days?

I did a quick search and noticed that he had a gig at Arizona Opry in 2012.

Here is Staerkel with a kid in that Opry place in 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7FGUuGIOU

Ole
MrOlds
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleaner is my hero.
equally well tempered

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know if there is a legal distinction with the terms trademark infringement and copyright infringement, but I noticed that this is a trademark infringement case and that the plaintiff is the Barleen Family of the Barleen’s AZ Opry. As you might recall, George Staerkel is (or at least was) married to one of the Barleen sisters. So the Barleen family and business is suing George Staerkel for trademark infringement? What does this mean? Could it be unrelated to all the other fraudulent practices mentioned in this thread (of which there are plenty)?
(I notice now on the AZ-Opry website George Staerkel is nowhere to be found, whereas in the past he was highlighted as their “master musician” and director—he was essentially the centerpiece of the show.)
StupidBrassObsession
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zackh411 wrote:
MikeyMike wrote:
the cleaner wrote:
As the owner of a pool cleaning business in a town near Mesa I have met many rich and famous people, this is how I got to know the Staerkels and they are just like you and me except they have different problems. These are special problems that you and I don’t know about because we’re not like them. When George found out I was learning to play the trumpet he was so cool that he gave me one of his special trumpets that was given to him by a very famous person, it even has the guys name on it. He didn’t have to do this and he didn’t do it because I clean his pool or sometimes tend bar at his parties he did it because that’s the kind of dude he is. In George’s world things like that happen all the time, like he has this huge ring that Ringo Star gave him just because they’re friends.

To give you an idea of George’s world I’ll tell you about the last show I went to.

As usual George is blowing the room away on all kinds of instruments, instruments that you and I don’t even know about, instruments that only George can play, instruments that haven’t even been invented yet, he could have been Albert f-----g Einstein but he wanted to play music instead. Well every night he does this thing where in the middle of Macarthur Park he switches from the scream box over to that big Ricola bad boy, he does this for contrast and warmth and it makes chicks cry sometimes. Well just as he’s switchin over some maniac fan jumps up on stage and stuffs a book into the end of the Ricola thingy, security is all over the guy and something explodes on stage and George is trying to save the Ricola horn, it was given to him by like the Swiss president, it’s a national f-----g treasure, and it’s endangered too. Everything is happening real fast and I’m just trying to calm Barbara down, she’s all freaked out on account of thinkin it was another assisination attempt.

Well the security guys are trying to keep every one back and it looks like there is a little fire in one of the electronic boxes hooked up to the Ricolla job and it’s making black smoke and when George finaly gets the book out of the Ricola horn it’s some old Catcher in the Rye paperback but George starts screamin because he wrote it and some J. D. Salinger dude’s name is on it and he is already suing that Star Wars chick and all he’s trying to do is raise money for a kids Never Land theme park he thought up and now this. It’s just one thing after another and you and I don’t have these kinds of problems.

George is screaming and bumping into things on the stage, the security guys are wrestling with this nut job that stuffed the book, and there is smoke coming out of the Ricola horn and now it’s everywhere, and no one has thought to turn off the disco ball, so the manager is screaming because the disco ball with black smoke could cause George to have a seizure or something, and this is all just another tricky day for George but I’m over in a corner with Barbara who is now in fetal position, I can tell because I studied psychology, and she’s crying and her black chiffon is all static clingy and riding up and chafing her and mascara is smudged all over her face and it looks like she cut her lip and there is a dark side of me that is being attracted to her but I know this is my inner trumpet player so it’s ok, so I let the inner trumpet player guide me and reach out to her.

Now she is realy shaking and stuttering and I’m half scared to death and excited at the same time and trying to think of what Chet Baker would do, and now she is talking all funny and twitching like she is throwing up but it’s all words instead of puke, and she is telling me about how lonely she is and scared and George always wears the scream box on his head in bed because it makes him sound like Fabio but it’s broke and it makes him sound like Nick f-----g Nolte and he has been wearing the same fuzzy pajamas that Boots Randolf gave him for 5 years and every night he pretends to call Kenny G and he talks to Kenny G on the cell phone in the scream box with this garbled Nick Nolte voice and it’s scary because the scream box gets fogged up and everything is steamy and smelly like at her aunt’s funeral when she was a little girl and what that sweaty man in the black suit smelled like and like the closet for the mean janitor and he died but the closet still says janitor, and she is scared of the feet on the pajamas but she can’t stop looking at them and she tries so hard not to look at the pajama feet, don’t look, don’t look, but she still looks at them and now she is looking at me.

Yes she’s looking at me and I’m scared but in a good way and I feel like I’m falling backwards but I’m being drawn into those venus fly trap things on her eyes like Tammy wore and now I feel her sweat and mascara and the smoke all over my face and I can taste blood and I’m afraid of clowns but I feel like I’m about to explode and it’s just the two of us and I feel like we’re in a warm hazy tunnel, and I hear the Ricola horn but it’s far far away,unplugged, in another world, so distant and it’s pure and sweet and I end up taking one for the team, and a real trumpet player would do that right? Right? So I took one for the team right? Right? A real trumpet player takes one for the team. Right? Right???

I feel like I did the right thing but I’m not like them.

It was for the team. Right?

Jack (not my real name, I have a business you know, think about it)

Bb Bundy (signed)

Quoted for posterity.

7 years later, and even though it wasn't removed, I appreciate the forethought.

That's some Great Gatsby sh... Right there.
equally well tempered

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oj wrote:
Do any of you from Arizona know anything about Staerkel these days?

I did a quick search and noticed that he had a gig at Arizona Opry in 2012.

Here is Staerkel with a kid in that Opry place in 2007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7FGUuGIOU

Ole

Hmmm...apparently this is what he's up to these days:
http://www.rhythmcatsshow.com/
equally well tempered

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humor aside, what make and model is this instrument?
[img][/img]
gunshowtix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

equally well tempered wrote:
Humor aside, what make and model is this instrument?
[img][/img]

Adams Reverse Flügel
'54 Buescher Custom Built Aristocrat 244 LP
'46 V. Bach NY67 Strad', M-bore, 7-37
'25 Conn 80A New Wonder Victor
C:
'21 Conn 2B/4B with Pilczuk Accusonic LP
'13 Harrelson Summit
equally well tempered

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed Staerkel is using similar pictures that were once used by the AZ Opry in promotional materials. For instance, here is an outdated AZ Opry promotional picture of a band member that now performs with Staerkel's group--The Rhythm Cats--(but used to perform at AZ Opry with Staerkel):

[img][/img]

Here is a similar picture Staerkel uses on his current Rhythm Cat website:
[img][/img]

You can see where the AZ Opry logo has been blotted out on Staerkel's current promotional photo. I have no idea, but I wonder if the current lawsuit in place has more to do with something like this.
bbur7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Staerkel Obituary http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thenorthwestern/obituary.aspx?pid=187757226
homecookin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Staerkel.....R.I.P.
I guess that shuts down this thread.
Maybe not though...we'll see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: