• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

NY Bach trumpet slide ring position

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leonel Leon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: NY Bach trumpet slide ring position Reply with quote

Okay for all the NY Bach guys and gals out there. Did Bach make trumpets without a third valve slide ring but with a first valve slide ring?? It looks as if it could have been taken off the third valve slide and add to the first from the picture I saw. It has no marks. However it has a stop rod on the third valve slide and it is the old design of male over male on the first valve slide along withe the other slides. So is it most likely a alteration or maybe custom? But why would there not be a third valve slide ring if the is a stop rod. And if it was changed why would a new one not just be made or bought? Could the Ds and C# be very well in tune as is or did the owner adjust as he or she found fit? Any help please.
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an alteration. The standard setup was a ring to throw the third slide only. This was true into the early Elkhart era of the 1960's. At that time there was a saddle which was an option for the first slide.

This is not to say that the factory didn't do custom setups; they may have.
Leonel Leon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I hope when I call the store today they can answer it since I don't get replies when I email them. It just seems strange to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: