• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New!! Vincent Cichowicz Long Tone Studies Book!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cichowicz2011

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: New!! Vincent Cichowicz Long Tone Studies Book! Reply with quote

Well this is the big day even though my co-author Mark Dulin let the cat out of the bag earlier this week.
I'm happy to announce the release of our new book, published by Studio 259 Productions in association with Rob Roy MacGregor's Balquhidder Publishing in Los Angeles. The book is entitled, "Vincent Cichowicz-Long Tone Studies". This book is a compilation written by Mark Dulin and myself of all of my father's various Long Tone Studies that was at the core of his teaching method during last 30 years at Northwestern. They have never been formally published before this. The book includes not only the Studies but also anecdotes from former students relating what my father discussed with them regarding the way to practice the exercises, what the benefits are and ways to get the most out of them when practiced correctly. It also includes an article my father did for The Instrumentalist magazine in 1996 about the concepts of teaching trumpet. The forewords for the book were written by Charlie Geyer, Barbara Butler co Professors of Trumpet at Northwestern U. and John Hagstrom, 2nd trumpet with the Chicago Symphony Orch.
We will be releasing the book exclusively at the ITG conference which is being held in Minneapolis MN from May 24th-28. If any of you are going up there, I will be there on the 26th and 27th at Tom Crown's and Rob Roy MacGregor's booths. Please stop by and say hello. After that you will be able to purchase the book through the Balquhidder Music website or by contacting me directly at studio259productions@gmail.com. We've only printed a very limited amount as we wanted to see what the response would be before maybe biting off more than we can chew.
The book really is beautifully put together with glossy covers, the exercises, the Instrumentalist article, anecdotes from more than a dozen former students with major symphony orchestras and all sorts of pictures of my father with CSO and Northwestern colleagues.
If you would like to pre-order the book, you can send an email to the studio259productions@gmail or Balquhidder's website and we will start sending books out as soon as we return from ITG. I don't know how many books will be left after ITG so the sooner you send in a request the better the odds are that you will be able to get a book from this first printing. We will fill orders in the order that they are received. If there is an overwhelming demand, we'll do another printing eventually. It will really depend on how the first printing is received.
I hope brass players will enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed working on it with Rob Roy and Mark. We really wanted to preserve as much of my father's teachings as we could so future generations of trumpet players could benefit from his wisdom like so many trumpet players of our generation have.
Michael Cichowicz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: