• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

bending exercise woes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pterdel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: bending exercise woes Reply with quote

-deleted-

Last edited by pterdel on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frosty_Trumpet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lesson with someone who studied with Adam Rapa. I dont know if you have watched Adam's youtube video on lip bends but you should listen to him do it.

We worked on bending notes and he told me just relax and dont force the note down. He told me to use my tongue and bottom lip to just relax and let the sound be full toned and slip down into the slot. The slot may not be a perfect half step but you will hear it and feel it lock in. The worst thing that happens if you go to far is you get a great sounding note the next partial down.

One thing he had me do is gliss from middle C to low C with no force and no dead spots in the sound..just full rich tone all the way down. Then do the same thing from top G to middle G. Just relaxing the bottom lip and letting it and the tongue do the work.

Try doing the half step gliss on your mouthpiece and staying relaxed and then move to the horn and that should help too. I found if I start it on the mouthpiece and move to the horn it slots really well....

Check out David Hickman's 15 embouchure studies book..it has some great things in it.

Hope this helps..good luck..let me know if this helped or made any sense at all...

Charlie
pterdel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-deleted-

Last edited by pterdel on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scorpion
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid adam rapa 20 bucks to cut my grass 10 years ago. I was surprised that he managed to miss all of the land mines. He is a tricky curr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: