• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen Renaissance Trumpet info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmjazz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Getzen Renaissance Trumpet info? Reply with quote

Hello, first time poster here. I've been going through some of the music gear that my dad had in his church. When he retired he offloaded a bunch of gear to me --PA, hammond organ, etc. One of the items he gave me is a Getzen Renaissance Trumpet. From what I can tell its a 1990. It has the original case, 2 mouthpieces and a stand. This is something I'm interested in selling but really dont know a whole lot about it. On ebay they seem like they are selling between $1700 - $2500 for the few out there, but I dont really know so I thought I would make an account on here and see if I can get some info from real trumpet players.

It seems to be in good condition with a little bit of tarnish here and there. Its silver in color and overall a gorgeous instrument.

Any ideas/information on the market for the Getzen renaissance models would be greatly appreciated! I can get some pics but figured I woudl just see if this got any responses first. Thanks
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On ebay go to the advanced tab ( upper right hand corner). Put in your item and check sold listings. You will see what people are willing to pay for your horn. People can ask whatever they want, but what you are asking is what do they sell for.
dmjazz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irving wrote:
On ebay go to the advanced tab ( upper right hand corner). Put in your item and check sold listings. You will see what people are willing to pay for your horn. People can ask whatever they want, but what you are asking is what do they sell for.

Thank you thats more in the range I was expecting.
trumpseoso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my Renaissance purchased new in 1994 and would be very reluctant to sell it. It has superb sound, great valves, and I play it every day. Just took it last week to a respected repair facility to have a slight bell crease taken out. The repairman said it looked like new, although it has the "normal" number of slight dings and scratches from playing. I played a Getzen in the Air Force 50 years ago and traded my Severensen on this horn. I also have a Callet "C", a Getzen piccolo, a LeBlanc Savdoval Flugel and other horns, But my go-to horn is the Renaissance. Not sure how to put a value on it if you aren't keeping it but I'd estimate a couple thousand if it is in good condition
dmjazz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpseoso wrote:
I still have my Renaissance purchased new in 1994 and would be very reluctant to sell it. It has superb sound, great valves, and I play it every day. Just took it last week to a respected repair facility to have a slight bell crease taken out. The repairman said it looked like new, although it has the "normal" number of slight dings and scratches from playing. I played a Getzen in the Air Force 50 years ago and traded my Severensen on this horn. I also have a Callet "C", a Getzen piccolo, a LeBlanc Savdoval Flugel and other horns, But my go-to horn is the Renaissance. Not sure how to put a value on it if you aren't keeping it but I'd estimate a couple thousand if it is in good condition

That you for the feedback, and your service! I took it to a local shop who sells horns. They are going to list it on Reverb for me, on a consignment deal. He was saying between 1500 and 2000 is what he thinks, but it looks in mint condition and I think that helps. If I were a trumpet player it would be a no brainer it sounds to me like this is a very good horn.
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Renaissance trumpet Reply with quote

Love my 1989 Getzen Renaissance trumpet. You will be able to sell the trumpet in that price range. Since this model is no longer made, not sure how long it will take to sell. Whoever buys the trumpet will be very happy with it.
interfx
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmjazz wrote:

That you for the feedback, and your service! I took it to a local shop who sells horns. They are going to list it on Reverb for me, on a consignment deal. He was saying between 1500 and 2000 is what he thinks, but it looks in mint condition and I think that helps. If I were a trumpet player it would be a no brainer it sounds to me like this is a very good horn.

From a few posts above, go to eBay, Adv. Search, Sold Listings and you will what recent Getzen renaissance trumpets have sold for. Seem to be off from what the consignment dealer is suggesting. Good luck, as there will always be a buyer that will pay above the avg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: