• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New "Stamp Supplemental Studies" available at ITG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dambly
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: New "Stamp Supplemental Studies" available at ITG Reply with quote

An all-new Stamp book, "James Stamp Supplemental Studies," has been released, and will be available for purchase at the ITG Conference.

The new book was compiled by Thomas Stevens and includes a play-along accompaniment CD. The majority of the new material is based on Warm-Up No. 6 from the original book, using natural minor, harmonic minor, “jazz” melodic minor, whole-tone, and diminished scales.

For more information about the book:
Stamp Supplemental Studies
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know who might have this in stock? I have checked Penders, Robert King and a couple others with no luck.
dambly
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickey's Music Online has it:

http://www.hickeys.com/pages/trstudy8.htm
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the book this week and have been using it daily. I like the minor key exercises and especially the Attack-Air Flow drills. But...I am disappointed that, as with the first book, the accompaniments are only provided in one key (Ok, 2 if you count the "C" trumpet version). For some reason I was expecting this book to have the various minor exercises in all keys as Stamp was rather adamant about practicing all keys. This sort of encourages you to keep playing the c-minors every day!

They run about 6 minutes each so 12 keys would fit on a disc. If the whole thing is midi (pretty sure it is) then it would be a piece of cake to offer other keys. Maybe make some disc's available as an option?? It is certainly more fun and I believe better to play along than just play by yourself although you should certainly mix some of both in your practice time.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dillon Music has it.

www.dillonmusic.com

best to give them a call or an e-mail. They have too much music to list everything on their site.

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
nyctrumpeter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded a few pages. I can't wait to dig into this. I will eventually buy the whole thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> James Stamp All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: