• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

PM's in outbox but not "sent"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: PM's in outbox but not "sent"? Reply with quote

I keep running into issues with PM's. Anyone experience this or know of a fix? They show up in my outbox....but not as being sent.
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: PM's in outbox but not "sent"? Reply with quote

acritzer wrote:
I keep running into issues with PM's. Anyone experience this or know of a fix? They show up in my outbox....but not as being sent.

On occasion mine get stuck in the Outbox and never move. When I try to delete I get an error:

Quote:
Could not update user pm counters

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`site_data`.`forum_users`.`user_unread_privmsg` - 1)'

UPDATE forum_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg - 1 WHERE user_id IN (15421)

Line : 838
File : privmsg.php

I've got one like that now - it's been there for three years. Last time I contacted the mods and someone removed it. This most recent example I got no response.

If this is what you're referring to it's a bug in the system that's probably never going to be fixed.
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel

Last edited by Robert P on Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a problem, but in reality, messages stay in the "Outbox" until the intended recipient actually opens and reads them. Then they move to the "Sent" box.

While they're in the Outbox, you should be able to edit or delete them, though.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Halflip is correct. PMs you create stay in the Outbox until the recipient reads them, then move to Sent. It is the way this forum software works.

Note Moderators cannot do anything about PMs; you would need to contact the sysadmin (username trumpetherald)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: