• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Carriageg....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott42486
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Carriageg.... Reply with quote

So anyone else think it's about time for him fess up to who he really is?

This account shows up during the whole lynching of Harrelson, and has shown up in every Harrelson-related thread posted since. From the shill thread, to the Bravura-poll, the new ebay rules debate in Horns, and even in the post by Jason in the Lounge section here, all he's done is show up and seriously bash on Jason.

The whole "investigation" thing was fairly "curious" to me as it was. But the fact that this person shows up and almost all of their posts were them taking shots at Jason makes me wonder what the deal is here.
Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This matter (and all others like it) would be easily solved if the owner of TH required ALL users to register using their real names.

Todd, what is the problem?
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see that it would make any difference.

I seriously doubt it would change the tenor of his posts.

And who is to say that if a name were required that the name the person uses isn't an alias?
bobd0
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Carriageg.... Reply with quote

Delete

Last edited by bobd0 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Carriageg.... Reply with quote

bobd0 wrote:

I got so angry over this entire hatchet job I saw red. I asked two simple questions that none of the "researchers" ever bothered to answer. What precipitated their "research" and how did they come to choose Harrelson as their target?

Actually if you read the OP it was stated clearly right up front.

Ohiotpt wrote:
Over the last few days I've notice some irregularities in the e-bay purchases and bidding done on HARRELSON TRUMPETS on the HARRELSON E-BAY page.

I was thinking that a Bravada would be a nice gift for myself..and since Jason (Harrelson) gives a chance to stanch one up at a great price in a No Reserve Auction (or so it appeared)..I've been keeping my eye open.

However, when I was reviewing some feedback I picked up on some very unusual transactions..as I dug a little deeper they were VERY unusual.

bobd0 wrote:
I'm also very curious why Trumpet Herald allowed their forum to be used by these "researchers" to conduct their hatchet job. A bunch of anonymous creeps who contribute NOTHING to the brass community with an obvious vendetta against Harrelson that they carried out to create ill-will and division.

I personally thank people for bringing this to our attention. At lunch yesterday I mentioned this situation to a friend who works for eBay and he felt it was clearly improper. Of course he is not an official spokesman for eBay and could be wrong.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Carriageg.... Reply with quote

Scott42486 wrote:
So anyone else think it's about time for him fess up to who he really is?...

I think it's Jason's sister....
bobd0
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete

LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobd0 wrote:
AFAIK, one of the rights we still have left is the right to face our accusers. Not some anonymous "researchers" on the internet.

Ahh, I see your confusion. There is no such right. In fact anonymity is explicitely protected in many cases. For instance in line ups.

Based on the vitrolic responses to this data being brought to light I can see where someone would not want to expose themselves to possible physical retaliation.

Even so the rights you have on this forum are defined by Todd and he does allow anonymous posting.
bobd0
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete

bobd0
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is a misty plot afoot so subtle we should be criminal to cling to old respects and ancient friendships.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I remain skeptical about all parties involved. I'm definitely suspicious of posters who only post about Ebay or JH trumpets. Apparently, they have nothing to contribute but their inquisitorial tone. When people remained skeptical of their research for some reason, they tended to become hysterical in their posts.

It's so much like some of the "news" reporting on cable, that it is uncanny. I am simply talking about the tone and tactics, in this case.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobd0 wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
bobd0 wrote:
AFAIK, one of the rights we still have left is the right to face our accusers. Not some anonymous "researchers" on the internet.

Ahh, I see your confusion. There is no such right. In fact anonymity is explicitely protected in many cases. For instance in line ups.

Based on the vitrolic responses to this data being brought to light I can see where someone would not want to expose themselves to possible physical retaliation.

Even so the rights you have on this forum are defined by Todd and he does allow anonymous posting.

You are the one who is confused. I am not surprised considering your previous comments. Anonymous lineups are for the protection of the accused as well as the accuser. Vitriol should not be further confused with free speech or escalated into something it is not. The rights of people to post on this or any other forum should not include the "right" to anonymously accuse someone of wrongdoing.

No confusion here. The person observing the lineup, the accuser, or OhioTpt, can see the persons in the line up, the accused. The accused is not allowed is not allowed to see the accuser to prevent retaliation.

Yes, there are multiple people included in the lineup with the accused but not to protect the accused as much as to ensure the police don't force a false identification.

But none of that applies to a privately run forum. If you don't like the rules of the forum you certainly can ask Todd to change them.

But let's take this conversation out of the details and look at the big picture.

Let's suppose that OhioTpt used the user name "JohnLeeKearney". And that his signature said "John Lee Kearney". (I couldn't think of any better name)

How would that change anything? You have no idea that the name is real. Anyone can sign up with any name. In fact many people acquire false identification that fool the authorities. Why would any free website be able to ferret out the false from the true.

Truth be told you could be Jason and I could be Carrieg(sp?) at this very moment.
bigdanv
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
[
How would that change anything? You have no idea that the name is real. Anyone can sign up with any name. In fact many people acquire false identification that fool the authorities. Why would any free website be able to ferret out the false from the true.

Truth be told you could be Jason and I could be Carrieg(sp?) at this very moment.

Excellent point. I don't think this is really a "rules" issue so much as it is a morals issue. You're absolutely correct about how easy it is for someone to lie about who they are. However, I personally see it as cowardly and offensive when people unleash these harsh accusations without giving their full real names, at the very least. If I took it upon myself to accuse someone publicly of wrongdoing, I would reveal my real first and last name, and I would probably PM the person I was accusing to give them the opportunity to respond to me personally. Throwing stones while hiding behind a phony name is cowardice.

Regarding carriageg, I don't know what to think. I'm tending to believe that he just likes inciting conflict and that he isn't necessarily a duplicate poster.
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well research, according to this data point of one, shows Jason is on the up and up, delivers WAY more than you pay for, and builds a great horn. We should all be hoping he stays in business!
seruch
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, it's unwarranted bashing, hiding behind supposed knowledge, that makes me want to purchase one of Jason's horns, if any of you would be kind enough to lend me the money.

Wish I had made a decent bet on my team, the Butler Bulldogs, to make the final 8 - then I'd have some of the funds!

s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: